Why Do You Need Fuel Polishing?
Both gasoline and diesel boats can have unsafe levels of impurities in their fuel tanks. Water is the most common and damaging impurity, providing an atmosphere where culture and bacteria can thrive. Diesel fuel is more susceptible to contamination because it can host a wider range of impurities such as fungi, yeast, mold, and algae.
Fuel Impurities Come From:
- Ethanol additives in fuel which draw water into the fuel tank.
- Outside air slowly working moisture and microbes into the fuel system.
- Changes in fuel tank temperature causing condensation.
Fuel Impurities Cause:
- Dramatically reduced engine performance.
- Engine breakdowns and failures.
- Long term engine damage.